Fried mackerel with potato and betroot.
- 400g potatoes, cut into chunks
- 300g baby beetroot, halved
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 300g Mackerel filelts - order online - scomber scombrus
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp crème fraîche
- Handful fresh chives, snipped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan180°C/gas 6. Place the potatoes and beetroot in a roasting tin with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and roast in the oven for 40 minutes.
- When the veggies have been cooking for 20 minutes, prepare the mackerel. Slash along the skin side of the fillets and season with salt, pepper and cayenne pepper. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan with the lemon zest and fry the fish over a high heat for 2-3 minutes on each side until the skin is crisp.
- Put the potatoes and beetroot in a bowl and stir in the lemon juice, crème fraîche and chives. Season and serve with the mackerel.
Credit to - Delicious magazine be sure to check them out for more great recipes.