Ray - Batoidea
Ray wing from Sole of Discretion, 400g
2 tbsp olive oil
250g Salted butter
1 tbsp Capers
Handful of fresh Dill or 1 tsp of dried Dill
1. Have a dry, non-stick frying pan on a medium heat to warm while you prepare the Ray wing.
2. Dust lightly with flour on both sides and season with salt & pepper.
3. Add the oil to your warm pan, place the ray wings in the pan making sure that the thick middle part is lying flat. Fry for 4 minutes each side, using a spatula & tongs to turn the wing over. Do not be tempted to move the fish around the pan as the flesh will stick and tear.
4. Take wing from pan and place on to baking tray, place into oven for 5 minutes on 180c.
5. Using the same pan, you used to fry the wing add 250g Salted butter, 40g fresh dill, 1 tablespoon of capers the zest from lemon and half the juice from 1 lemon.
6. Cook in pan on medium heat (5 mins) until a nutty brown colour.
7. Serve with fish alongside potato salad and large glass of Pinot Grigio.
Recipe by Darren Norton.